By Sarah Skerrett, Mr. Food Editor
Casseroles can be made year-round, and these easy one-pot dishes are always a family favorite. If you don’t have many casserole recipes filed under “C” in your cookbook, rest assured: Mr. Food & co. have compiled our all-time favorite easy casserole recipes in one convenient (and free!) eCookbook!
“Blue Ribbon Casseroles: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes” features delicious casseroles for all types of tastes, including chicken & turkey, meat, seafood and vegetarian/meatless varieties. The ultimate in comfort food, casseroles are simple, satisfying meals you can serve as a main dish or side. With this Blue Ribbon Casseroles eCookbook, you’ll never be without quick and delicious dinner ideas for your family!
While my personal history with casserole got off to a rocky start as a kid (involving an atrocious tuna noodle casserole and “no thank you” helpings), I’m now a big fan of casseroles – particularly any that are heavy on cheese. The Crunchy Turkey Bake is my favorite recipe in “Blue Ribbon Casseroles” with its crunchy French-fried onion topping and sharp Cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound leftover cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 cup French-fried onions (from a 2.8-ounce can)